Limetree is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the Data Controller is Limetree Mail Limited.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information from you:
- Information that you provide by submitting profile and account details on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subsequent information submitted to us through the Website, posting information and material on the Website or requesting further information from us. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- Specifically, personal details such as name, email address, photos or any other information uploaded by you when using the Website or otherwise making use of any functionality of the Website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to login information, browser type and version, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data is kept secure and is kept for the duration of your use of our Website. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data when transmitted to the Website, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If your personal details change you may update them by accessing the relevant page of the Website. If you have any questions about how we use data collected which relates to you, please contact us by sending a request by email to the contact details below.
USES MADE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you.
- To operate, protect, improve and optimise the Website, our business, and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, personalise or otherwise customise your experience, and for advertising and marketing.
- to carry out our obligations arising from the Website terms and conditions entered into between you and us.
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure.
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Website.
- to notify you about changes to our Website.
By using the Website, you consent to us either directly or through third party companies and individuals we engage to provide services to use, review, scan, analyse, and store your communications with other users of the Website, whether done manually or through automated means.
In addition to the above uses we may use your information, or permit selected third parties to use your information, to notify you about services which may be of interest to you. For such uses we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) if you have consented to such communication when we collect your data OR if the contact relates to services similar to those which were the subject of a previous transaction with you.
If you do not want us to use your data to notify you of similar services, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form used to register).
Where we have asked for permission, but you do not want us to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, do not tick the relevant box on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form used to register).
If at any time you no longer wish to receive communications from us, please contact us at [INSERT EMAIL ADDRESS] or select the opt-out option in our emails.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (where applicable).
When you place an order for a Product on our Website, you will be required to insert the email address of the Recipient. Upon receipt of the Product, your full name will become visible to the Recipient. Any personal details, photos or information included in your Product will also be visible to the Recipient.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Service providers for the performance of the terms and conditions we enter into with you, or any subsequent agreement we enter into with such service provider.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website.
- Third party companies or individuals to assist us with fraud prevention and risk assessment, to assist us with customer service, and to facilitate the payments or reimbursements you request.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or other agreements.
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Limetree Mail Limited, the Website, our users and any third party we interact with to provide the Website.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
Read more about the individual cookies we use and how to recognise them in our cookies policy.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking/ticking certain tick boxes we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using our contact details set out below.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
If you reside within the EEA, the Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.